We’re all learning as we go as to how to best work together to keep ourselves and each other safe during this pandemic. This policy document will be updated regularly as advice from Public Health England (PHE) and Health & Safety Executive (HSE) changes. We ask that you play your part in helping to control the virus and our safe return to shooting in the studio by taking a moment to read and share this information, following the guidelines and practising good hand and respiratory hygiene at all times. You and your guests are encouraged to share any concerns or areas of improvement so that we can provide a better service wherever possible. We also ask for empathy and understanding of different opinions on working conditions and respecting people’s personal working spaces accordingly. The following information is intended as a reference guide for all visitors of 119 Productions Studio as well as documenting our commitment to your safety and the practices we will undertake to help control the spread of the virus.
KEY PRINCIPLES OF THIS POLICY: Before Your Shoot
- If you, or any of your guests, are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 you must not attend or enter the studio premises. A current list of main symptoms can be viewed on the NHS website:
- If you or any of your guests have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine for any purpose, please do not attend the studio.
- The studio will be cleaned before your arrival, in line with our policy as detailed, using anti-viral products on all main surfaces and touchpoints, door handles, light switches, radio triggers.
- The party making the booking at 119 Productions Studio is required to submit their name, email address and contact number to the studio as part of the normal booking process. It is the lead party’s responsibility to collect all contact details of any other member of the party should this be required by the NHS Test and Trace Service. Arrival at the Studio
- Upon entry to the premises, all customers and guests are required to use hand sanitiser situated at the entrance or wash their hands with soap and warm water for at least twenty-seconds. Soap and paper towels are provided in both washrooms.
- We are operating with a longer gap between bookings to allow for effective cleaning, please help us by arriving as close to your start time as possible. During Your Shoot
- All guests should maintain a minimum distance of 2m from others. Where this is not possible for any length of time, visitors should consider face coverings where appropriate for the protection of others. We suggest that you bring your own face covering for this purpose.
- Please ensure the washing of hands is undertaken regularly during the booking by all parties, as well as before taking food or drink.
- Coughs and sneezes should be captured in the arm or elbow or into a tissue. Please responsibly dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands.
- Where appropriate, please ensure all members of your party are wearing a face covering where social distancing cannot be maintained. After Your Shoot -If you or any of your guests go on to develop any Covid-19 symptoms, please report this to the NHS Test and Trace Service immediately.
ADDITIONAL COVID-SECURE INFORMATION: Studio Cleaning Policy We have undertaken a comprehensive review of cleaning which identifies the areas at risk of spreading the virus. As such we will undertake to provide the following:
- Before each studio booking, we will clean areas including dressing room and studio work surfaces, door handles, washroom facilities, light switches and other touchpoints using a recognised anti-viral cleanser in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Hot and cold drinks will continue to be provided upon request. Shared drinks (for example on workshops) are not available at this time. You are welcome to bring your own refreshments if you prefer and we will also have disposable cups available on request.
- Items that are shared such as props will continue to be available, however will be unavailable for 72 hours after the previous use. We ask that you place used items to one side after use so that we can handle them accordingly. If you require anything specific for your shoot, please inform us with more than 72 hours’ notice to ensure of its availability.
- Dressing gowns and robes will not be available for use during this time. Please ensure that your guests bring their own if applicable.
- Radio triggers and light meters, which are available for all to use, will be cleansed using IPA based wipes between each use. In addition to cleaning, we will also be rotating the radio triggers after each use. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- When handling equipment, please ensure good hand hygiene or if you prefer, we’re always happy to assist with any lighting set-up or changes. If you do move equipment, please leave to one side at the end of your shoot so that we can attend to its cleaning afterwards.
Enhanced Cancellation Policy We recognise that it may be possible that certain bookings may need to be changed or postponed during this time.
As such, in addition to our existing policy, we are offering an enhanced protection for bookings by allowing for bookings to amended, even at short notice if you or anyone in your party:
- Encounters any of the documented symptoms as previously mentioned at any point before or during their shoot. You must contact NHS Test and Trace should you experience any symptoms listed.
- Are contacted by NHS Test and Trace as a contact and required to self-isolate.
- Are someone in a household with someone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or with someone asked to self-isolate or quarantine for any purpose by the health authorities. This does not include those required to quarantine as a result of foreign travel, which should be taken into consideration at the time of the booking.
Should you need to change your booking to a later date for any of these reasons, we will be happy to offer alternative dates in the following six weeks from the date booked at no additional charge.
- The number of people attending each booking is to be kept to a minimum.
- All those attending to maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- The use of haze and smoke machines is not permitted at this time.
- Provision has been made in the studio to display images directly to a large LCD screen in the studio, rather than showing backs of camera. Cameras with HDMI, Mini HDMI or Micro HDMI connections are supported, if your camera or laptop uses an alternative to these connection types, please bring an appropriate adaptor.
- When taking light meter readings, we recommend taking measurements without the subject present wherever possible.
- Please avoid the sharing of personal items such as phones, computers, pens etc.
- Where items are provided to the subjects, for example wardrobe items, these should not have been used within the preceding 72 hours by any other party. However, where this is not possible, we have provided a garment steamer in the dressing room which will sanitise garments.
- Everyone is responsible for the safety of their own work areas.
- Where possible, all visitors should travel to the studio in their own vehicles.
- Should this not be possible, we encourage visitors to consider the use of face coverings and travelling in well ventilated vehicles.
- The use of face coverings for those travelling using public transport, including by taxi, is now mandatory, please ensure that your guests are aware of this rule to avoid being turned away from travelling.
SUMMARY: We will do our absolute best to provide and promote a safe working environment for all visitors to 119 Productions Studio to help mitigate the transmission of the virus. We actively encourage all guests to work with us to help achieve this aim. All shoots taking place at 119 Productions Studio are undertaken at the individual’s own risk and everyone should be actively looking to maintain their own personal safety though social distancing, frequent hand washing and good respiratory hygiene.
Thank you for taking the time to read this document and we look forward to safely working with you soon.